You have scouted your course and destination. You have hotel rooms booked. You have made arrangements for your pets and mail delivery. But how can you ensure that your road trip won’t end with memories that rival the riswold’s disastrous trip to “Walley World?” Preparation is key! Here are 5 tips to make your next road trip as stress-free as possible:
- Passenger Comfort Kit. Chargers for every type of mobile device in the car are at the top of the list, or there will be a carload of grumpy passengers on day two. A stash of snacks and beverages, small trash bag, medication, bandages, and a printed map will help keep your occupants healthy and happy.
- Keep cool, everyone. You may or may not have had to test your vehicles air conditioning in the heat with a car full of people. Having your vehicle AC serviced in advance will save a lot of comfort and nerves.
- Pack smart. Overloading your vehicle will decrease your fuel economy. If you are using roof-mounted storage, only pack lightweight materials in them. Excessive weight on the roof will make your vehicle more difficult to handle in an emergency situation, and could increase your risk for a rollover.
- Roadside Emergency Kit. Even if you do not have a complete store bought kit, you can gather items to insure you have the basics. Jumper cables are a must. A flashlight, duct tape, small tool kit, jug of water, and a can of fix-a-flat are solid additions to a homemade kit.
- The key to getting there. Do you have an extra set of keys? Hide-a-key, or with your spouse. Losing a key on the road would not be a fun experience. Lock-out calls are expensive and time consuming.
To make sure your vehicle is equipped for the journey, visit Import Auto Maintenance for a pre-trip inspection. The only way to minimize the risk of trouble on the road is to understand the exact condition of your vehicle – we can help! Our certified and experienced technicians will review the inspection results with you to help you select the best maintenance plan for your vehicle and your family.
Learn more and request an appointment before your next road trip by calling our team at 615-327-9600 or drop in to our auto repair shop in Nashville.
On the hottest days in Nashville, your car’s air conditioning keeps you comfortable on the road. But after a winter of hibernating, hidden problems may emerge in the A/C in your vehicle.
If you turn on the air conditioning and it struggles to get your car cool, stop by Import Auto Maintenance for an air conditioning inspection.
The air conditioning system includes fans, a condenser, and the radiator. Compressed fluid in the a/c system flows through to dissipate heat and create cool air for your vehicle.
When you bring your vehicle in for an air conditioning inspection, our technicians will first check the pressure in your vehicle’s air conditioning. Low pressure is a common cause of issues with the air conditioning, and often indicates a leak.
Leaking fluid can be a serious problem. Older vehicles use a refrigerant that is bad for the environment and is no longer permitted in new vehicles. The refrigerant cannot be topped off – this will not fix the leak and will continue to lose fluid from the system. Though it may temporarily allow the air conditioning to function, you will experience the same issues before long.
Instead, our technicians will perform an air conditioning system inspection to find and fix the leak. Using UV light and dye, we will identify the problem area and find any leaks affecting the system.
When no leak is present, your vehicle air conditioning system may need to be recharged or have the refrigerant replaced. In the thorough air conditioning inspection, our technicians will identify the issues affecting your vehicle, recommend services to keep you cool, and help you make the best decision for your vehicle.
If you have any questions about your vehicle or suspect the air conditioning system may not be working, call Import Auto Maintenance at 615-327-9600. Call to request an appointment or visit our independent auto repair shop in Nashville.
Anyone who has experienced motion sickness while driving down the roads can tell you it is not a pleasant experience. But before you shrug it off as something you simply have to deal with, stop by Import Auto Maintenance to have your car’s suspension checked.
As your car travels the uneven roads in Nashville, the suspension keeps you from bouncing uncontrollably in the cabin. But if you’ve put off one too many tire rotations, alignments, or repairs, you’ll feel every bump and crack in the roads.
For those already prone to motion sickness, this can mean miles of queasiness and discomfort. This is especially true when the vehicle’s suspension needs maintenance!
Tire rotations and alignments ensure that your vehicle’s tires hit the road at precisely the correct angle. If the tires are out of alignment, it can result in rapid wear, uneven tread, and uncomfortable rides. When these conditions become extreme, it can even damage the suspension of your vehicle.
Including an alignment inspection as part of your regular car care can catch these issues before they cause problems and maximize the life of your tires, saving you money! It will also save you from feeling sea sick every time you hit the road with misaligned tires and damaged suspension.
In the suspension system, sway bars control the motion from side to side while shocks and struts tackles the up and down bounce. If your vehicle suspension is damaged, not only will the risk of car sickness rise, you’ll get less life out of your tires as they wear unevenly and risk further damage and costly repairs.
Don’t settle for bumpy rides have your suspension inspected and repaired to soothe motion sickness, get the longest life from your tires, and save money.
Preventative maintenance can help keep you and your vehicle healthy and comfortable on the road. Whether it means a suspension repair, wheel alignment, or safety inspection, stop by Import Auto Maintenance for healthier drives and peace of mind all summer! Request an appointment online.