It’s time to learn the truth about maintenance, including what needs to be done and when. You don’t want to spend any more money on import auto repair than what is absolutely necessary and that’s why you have to focus on the preventative maintenance.
Routine Maintenance Checklist
There is a lot of maintenance that needs to be performed, but none of it is going to be time consuming. In fact, many of the things can be done on your own so you can see whether there is an issue. Here’s a list to get you rolling:
- Buy a tire pressure gauge so you can check your own tire pressure. The recommended pressure is found on a label in your driver side door jamb
- Check all of your fluids. This can be done using the dipsticks or gauges that are in place. Check the coolant, power steering and antifreeze levels. You can also check on your wiper fluid so you always have enough
- You will want to refer to your owner’s manual on some of the other regularly scheduled maintenance. This includes your oil. Most oil change shops say it is 3,000 miles or three months. The reality is that some of the newer cars can go as long as 10,000 miles in between oil changes
- Additionally, you want to have your brake pads checked periodically during BMW service to avoid the calipers grinding onto the rotors. There is no mileage specification as it is based upon the level of breaking. It can be time to change the pads any time between 25,000 and 50,000 miles
- It’s also a good idea to check on the timing and serpentine belts and replace them when they show wear instead of waiting until they actually snap and you are stranded somewhere.
Bringing Your Car in for Import Auto Repair
At Import Auto Maintenance, we have been around since 1975 and have some of the finest mechanics around to work on Mercedes repair and more. When you want to avoid a BMW repair, you can often do so simply by having your vehicle serviced from time to time. It doesn’t matter whether you have a Mercedes, a BMW, a Saab, or any other import. It needs care.
You can easily schedule maintenance on your import by making an appointment. It can be done by phone or online and we will get back to you quickly. Once the service is performed, you can take to the open road with confidence knowing that your car has been checked out.